Garvey Corporation – Blue Anchor, NJ
Our facility is conveniently located in a rural setting in Blue Anchor, NJ, near the AC Expressway. Garvey is recognized as a global leader producing conveying, accumulating and automation solutions. Our designs are unmatched in the food, pharmaceutical, personal care, and beverage industries. We pride ourselves on handling unstable products better than anyone in the world and specialize in helping companies build efficient production lines and maximizing throughput for increased profitability.
We are seeking an entry-level assembler to produce assembled components by positioning, examining, and fastening parts connections for correct fit. The ideal candidate will have an enthusiastic mentality, coachable, and capable of working in a team setting.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares assembly work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists, and gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Assembles components by positioning parts and sub-assembles examining connections for correct fit and fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Verifies assembly specifications by positioning parts and sub-assemblies examining connections for correct fit and fastening parts and sub-assemblies.
- Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Keeps assembly equipment operational by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Documents assembly actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Keeps assembly supplies ready by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy assembly environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential concerns.
- Improves assembly job knowledge by attending training sessions, reading technical publications.
- Contributes to assembly and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in assembly preferred.
- Previous Blueprint reading experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of lifting 35-50lbs.
- Benefits (Medical, dental, long-term disability, life insurance)
- 401(k) available immediately. 100% match to 3% and an additional 50% match up to 5%.
- Vacation: Two weeks/year accrual
Starting Rate: $16 /hr
Garvey Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.