DTools has long been the industry-leading tool for online conveyor design. Recently, Garvey’s line of conveyors and accumulators has been added.
DTools is the central location for all of Dorner’s conveyor applications, including their CAD library, Product Selector, and Configurator. The configurator tool allows you to custom-build a conveyor in minutes.
How to Design a Conveyor Online for Production
To get started, we recommend following these steps:
- Go to dornerconveyors.com and go to the DTools login.
- Log in or sign up if you are a new user.
- When you sign in properly for the first time, you will receive a validation link in your email.
- Once you log in, you’ll have access to both DCongif and DCad. These are the two different configurators Dorner provides access to. Both provide CAD geometry and part numbers.
- You will be taken to a product selector that allows you to see specific information about each conveyor available.
- When you select a conveyor, you can choose between the following:
- Complete Conveyor Package
- Conveyor only
- Gearmotors & Gearmotor mounting packaging
- Support Stands & Stand Accessories
- Replacement Belts
- Depending on your needs, one option might be better than the other. However, no matter which you choose, you will be asked a series of questions to help you narrow down if this part is right for you before ordering.
- If everything is acceptable, you can add the conveyor configuration to quote.
- At this stage, you can still add products or complete the configuration.
- Once you complete the configuration, the full conveyor assembly is saved.
- From here, you can request a quote to purchase your configuration or review the CAD models via email.
Every configuration you will build will provide product information and service part recommendations for high-wear items like belts, bearings, spindles, etc. You will also be able to view your package services to see a quick overview of your configuration.
Conveyor Configurator Overview
If you have questions about using DTools, we recommend signing up to access Dorner’s DTools Conveyor Configurator Overview Webinar. This video can provide additional information on how to create a configuration, request a quote, or view the CAD file.
For those who have questions about Garvey equipment, please contact our team.