Our facility is conveniently located in a rural setting in Blue Anchor, NJ, near the AC Expressway. Garvey is recognized as a global leader producing conveying, accumulating and automation solutions. Our designs are unmatched in the food, pharmaceutical, personal care and beverage industries. We pride ourselves on handling unstable products better than anyone in the world and specialize in helping companies build efficient production lines and maximizing throughput for increased profitability.
We are seeking a Project Engineer for our Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management and demonstrate the ability to work in a fast-paced environment where creativity, cooperation, and communication are key. Strong organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks. A positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Duties for this position are normally conducted in an office environment but we have recently shifted to some remote work. This allows the employees to work from a home office and only come to the main office when required. Our Sales office is an integral part of the entire production facility including engineering, fabrication, purchasing, inventory and assembly activities. Interaction with all these departments is required and can be done with virtual meeting software.
- Normal work hours are M-F 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (1-hour lunch)
- Job Type: Full-time
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
- Finalize project details with salesman and customer after order is received.
- Communicate with the customer and Garvey team throughout the project to answer any questions and provide project updates.
- Determine final system speed and motor requirements.
- Advance order Eurodrives and other long leadtime components.
- Create design concepts and guidelines and find design references for designers if available.
- Check designs in detail before release to fabrication.
- Answer assembly and fabrication questions as they arise.
- Keep Visual Manufacturing and Asana updated with project dates and details.
- Resolve any engineering issues as they arise in fabrication, assembly, and service.
- Update Solidworks assemblies or note design changes as they arise.
- Conduct factory acceptance tests and final equipment runoffs.
- Travel for front end visits or installation support when required.
- Communicate with Garvey’s technical writer in order to create manuals and documentation for completed projects.
- Design and detail parts as needed.
- A background in Engineering is preferred.
- Previous experience in project management required.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Experience working in a manufacturing setting a plus.
- Must possess excellent communication, customer management and organization skills.
- Benefits (Medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance)
- 401(k) available immediately. 100% match to 3% and an additional 50%match up to 5%.
- Hours are 8:00AM-5:00 PM with 1 hour lunch.
- Vacation: Two weeks/year accrual
This will be a hybrid role with in-office training and eventually some remote work.
Salary Range: Based on experience Garvey Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.